Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Spanish Feast

Tonight I'm cooking a Spanish feast for my hubby just because. We're starting off with Spanish olives, cheese, and of course wine. I picked out a rubi (rose) from Penedes. Then I'm making an arugula salad with a garlicky dressing spiced up with paprika and cumin. The base will be Spanish olive oil and sherry vinegar with a bit of lemon juice. The main event is a chicken and seafood paella. I don't have an actual paella so I'm just using my beloved, gigantic Dutch oven. I'm pretty sure it will still turn out scrumptious. Anyway, I'm basing my dish on a recipe from Food and Wine that serves 12. Obviously I'm decreasing ingredient quantities, but I'm also making it my own by using proteins we'll both like: chicken thighs, sole, bay scallops, and pancetta. For dessert I made individual flans flavored with lemon and cinnamon. Maybe we'll step over the border and end with a little port. I'll be sure to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment