Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Concocted Amalgamations

I've been making weird amalgamations, strange concoctions, whatever you want to call them this week.

Last night I pulled out ground beef, broccoli, and Kashi's pilaf made with their "Seven Whole Grains on a Mission." I ended up with a stir-fry of sorts after adding soy and sriracha. Pretty good one, too.

Tonight I whipped up a casserole. As an aside, I was talking with my brother while it was baking in the oven and I said, "Hold the phone a sec - I have to check on my casserole." Now if that doesn't sound like Betty Draper I don't know what does. Ha ha. "Mad Men" on the brain. Anyway, I grabbed a prepared tube of polenta, a yellow squash, and a giant tomato. I layered them in a baking dish along with olive oil, pesto, parmigiana, fresh basil, dried oregano, and of course salt and pepper. Not bad!

I wonder what I'll come up with tomorrow...

FYI: I had one of the carrot chiles from the balcony with dinner tonight. Not too hot - just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment