Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bounty

Yay for the balcony garden. It's like the little engine that could, chuggin' along even though the pots are fairly small and they don't get as much sun as they should. I've gotten more tomatoes and arugula since I've last reported, more herbs than I know what to do with (not really :), and soon I'll have peppers to pick. The lemon cucumber hasn't gotten one cuke on it yet, just a lot of flowers. Come on already!

Volunteering at the farm is going swimmingly. I love it. I feel a real sense of accomplishment every time I come home and see the dirt spiral down the shower drain. This week I left with a bag of yellow and zephyr squash and Roma tomatoes. I'd picked more than 30 pounds of the stuff so Farmer Mo gave me some of the bounty to enjoy.



And now a few updates:

  • I received Mad Men-style Old-Fashioned glasses from my bro and his fiancee. They're going to see their fair share of use, let me tell you.
  • Anybody watch the "No Reservations" special last night on El Bulli's recent closing? It's very well done. Ferran Adria is inspiring. Wish I could have made it to Roses.
  • Our latest outings were to Blackbyrd Junction and Lost Society on U Street. Seems like it's the place to be these days. Probably going back this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment