Sunday, June 26, 2011

Boba, Lentils, And Hybrid Mojitos

Strange combination, no? Let me explain.

I had the boba - strawberry-flavored - at the frozen yogurt shop, Red Mango, tonight. They, along with gummy bears, topped my coconut yogurt and made me smile my whole walk home. I love the way they pop in your mouth like dessert caviar. If you aren't familiar with boba, they're small, soft yet chewy tapioca balls commonly found in bubble tea.

The lentils - green ones to be exact - appeared in a very fresh and light salad I made recently with asparagus, black beans, red peppers, and herbs. It was drizzled with a lemony vinaigrette. Definitely going to make more of this kind of salad this summer. It's hard to eat anything hot during the oppressive DC summer.

And as for the hybrid mojitos, which I'm having one of right now actually...they have lime, mint, and rum but no sugar and tonic water instead of soda. I like the bitterness, though they're not super bitter. The apple mint from the garden and rum help with that.

Time to enjoy my beverage and relax with some John Coltrane and the NYT.

No comments:

Post a Comment