Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Garden Abounds

Well, not really, I guess, but it's looking pretty good so far. I just had to fit in a Big Lebowski reference for some reason. And now I know what I'm doing this afternoon...

Anyway, here's a short video of the pots. The ones that just look like dirt actually have one or two tiny sprouts in them - no lie. And the radishes and arugula are going crazy. The tall stuff in the background is a transplanted rosemary plant. It lasted all winter out on the balcony and now it's thriving.



In the same vein, I finally found a new place to volunteer on Mondays: Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food and Agriculture, which I've mentioned before on KFW. I'm tilling the fields of Alexandria, VA, and loving every minute of it, but - most important - it's all for the greater good. I'm hoping to help out with the Mobile Market, too, but Arcadia has to raise enough money to get it on the road first. Six days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment