Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's Cookin' 2

This past weekend, in between turning the basement upside down then right side up, we ate at Tinto (with an aperitif at one of our fave's, Monk's). Surprisingly the service at Tinto was just so-so, but the food was outstanding, especially the creamy gazpacho and perfectly tender octopus. We'd definitely go back, even knowing that we could have a disinterested server.

This week it's Grace Tavern, which isn't on the narrowed-down list below, but it is on our larger list. I'm looking forward to the fungi-laden Kennett Square Burger.

And next week, oh next week! How I long for thee... It's the ultimate blind cheesesteak-tasting with sandwiches from Dalessandro's, Geno's, Jim's, Mama's, Paesano's, and Pat's. Oh yeah. I'll let you know how we fair - and how our pants fit afterwards.

All this talk's making me thirsty...



Above, the delightful brewski I enjoyed at Monk's. I could go for one of those right now. Yes, at 11:25.

3 comments:

  1. YES!
    I am very excited.


    Tuesday: I think we might need cheese fries to wash em down with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, I think we are including Tony Luke's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I forget? Of course we're doing cheese fries. What about dessert? We haven't talked about that yet ;)
    So it's 7 then? Dang. That's pushing it. I have to actually fit in the swimsuit I bought for our trip. I can't just wear it around my ankles or on my head.

    ReplyDelete